Instant Updates

Entering the Dark Age of Malaysia...

Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Year 2006 Campfire - COOL ! ! !




Time : 8.00p.m. - 12.00a.m.
Date : 15th December 2006
Venue : SMJK Jit Sin staff's carpark , Assembly Hall

Guess what this time? It was on Friday when I first attended the so-called campfire in our school. It was actually the 7th Jamboree Camp Campfire, but was later changed to the 1st Anual Camp. What I can tell all of you here is that, the campfire was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!! To feed your eyes and to satisfy your mind, I've taken some nice photos around the school campfire site. Enjoy !



Registration At Gate 3
This surprised me alot. Just as I was stepping into the school building through the only entrace which is gate 3, I was blocked by two Kadet Police in charge. I thought they wanted to chase me away but actually they were asking me to register my name as a visitor of the campfire. I was then given a visitor pass. The camp site was empty, and this is not I was expecting to see. However when I was led by Chun Keat to the area near gate five then only i realised how many people that have attended the Jamboree Camp Campfire. Truly Amazing.
.
.
Everyone had to wear a visitor pass around their neck
.
.
.
.
.
"Interesting" Performance by All Uniform Bodies - Part I


Yup. It was "interesting". I didnt watch all the presentations but I was like more on looking for old friends. I met a few of them, some were our schoolmates and surprisingly, I banged on Kang Kai. Remember this guy? He was our "guardian" during the assembly.He is a really good boy and in my memory he never caught anyone of us for having long fingernails :P:P:P I have to admit that the performance at first was really really boring and maybe its because the lack of participation of the audiences. While not wasting my time, I tried to get near to the campfire, to see what was that. Well those person in charge of the programme didnt seem to be really friendly and I was forced to go away before I was "barked". So, I had no choice but to gather around with our minority classmate Quan-Senn and also Chee Hui. After a small chat, i decided to escape from school because of extreme boredom. As I was trying to climb over the gate 5, a tall man-in-black(he wasnt wearing a black suit but his skin was almost dark as charcoal) blocked my way out. Damn. Planning to get a shortcut out had failed. Well before I got myself into the school building again, here I met some really funny guys with stone age outfit... yeeeeeeks! And also a shape-deformed Doraemon appeared infront of me...Geeezzzz =.="
.
.
Demonstrating? Nah.

An Unknown stranger posing with our ex-class-guardian, Prefect Kang Kai.
The flame of campfire.
Warning : No Tresspasing. Tresspasers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
The Pre-historic outfit..... Hot !!!


Blush Blush Blush ........ Sudden Downpour !


Just a minute after I got under the roof, drops of rainwater started to hit the ground like bullets. Too bad, those guys needed to evacuate immediately to the plan-B campfire spot, which was the school assembly hall. Wahahahahaha..... The Doraemon was guided back to the building slowly because it couldnt even see its way out....The blue & white outfit was drenched with waters and try to have a look what happened to it later..(See Photos Below) WAHAHA....
.
.
Someone sprained his leg accidentally during the hot dance.




Ming Ming posing with the drenched Doraemon !






Interesting Performance by All Uniform Bodies - Part II


And now lines of campfire members marched into the school hall and waited for the next order. Well I didnt really understand why the seniors like shouting and screaming to their juniors but I realised that maybe its their culture to make people "clear" enough to their message when the juniors were actually replying their seniors in the same manner! I just couldnt imagine how if i speak to my mom in that tone ! That was really freaking me out.:S Soon there started a session where teachers were evaluating the uniform bodies. You should have came and see what was really happening that time. They were like demonstrating on the roadside and suddenly the light went off. They swung their torchlight and some small lightings to get the judge's attention. I fear that might ran amok and gangbang me, but i was wrong. They were perfectly normal after that:D lol Anyway, I was really happy to see the new generation of young Malaysian to have the ability to lead more demonstrations towards our corrupted government in the future...... Next to this was another dance show by some uniform bodies. They were really nice and a group of topless guys stole my attention. Cool their bodies were coloured and there are some prehistoric drawings on it. And also, I want to give *STAR STAR STAR* rating to the performance of both Kadet Polis Lelaki and Wanita.
.
.
Chun Keat and Chee Hui posing with ex-school mates.




Mr. Cheah Tim Tuck and Pn. Thesilla are evaluating the performance of each uniform body.




Argh.... The half-naked belly dancers.




Mr. Cheah Tim Tuck is passing over the trophy to the overall winner of 1st Annual Campfire, the Kadet Polis Lelaki.





Gosh I Was Crazy !

This was my first time watching the Jamboree Campfire show so I didnt feel that used to it. But soon after that, things got 360 degree turnover. Now the audience were invited to join the dance. I dont know what the real name for it but some people called it round dance. I was so indulged and the feeling wasnt something that I could depict in words or phrases. I had never experienced such occasion before and thus I never thought campfire as something fun. But things got really different when I became part of the activities. The dancing, singing and shouting are truly inspiring. Maybe this is what people call the "spirit" and I could feel that kind of forces that drove me into a crazy psycho. It was great! Together with me were Chee Hui, Chun Keat, Yivonne, Sharon, Yi Wern. We joined the Red Cresent colony and by that time I must say that everyone was really high. :P We put our hands on the shoulders of the person infront and ran around with weird patterns. I was really really enjoying my first time in the campfire.
.
.
Chun Keat being in the "round dance"





The Emotional Ending

Well, after the dance, the MC was about to announce the winner of the Campfire Prize. Well of course Kadet Polis Lelaki won the overall prize, which is expected. I still can remember that KRS and Red Cresent Society both won prizes too. They were really good and I'm satisfy with the results. But this aint the best part of the whole drama. The emotional ending was actually took place when it was announced that the KAS (Kadet Alam Sekitar) was officially going to its end. This means that from now on there will be no more KAS in our school as a Uniform Body but just as an ordinary Persatuan. No more Campfire for them next year and the following years and no more marchings under the red hot sun with overwhelming spirits.These KAS members were wearing Orange Bands on their hands and some even tied it on the fore head to signify the cruel ending of their Uniform Body. Some of them led the KAS members to unite together for the one last time as team members, and some dropped their tears on each other's shoulders. It was so emotional then and I felt sad for them too although I am not a KAS member. Many other members of the campfire from other uniform bodies came forward to express their condolences. They were a really good and well-disciplined unit and they've had many gloriest moments as a member of SMJK JitSin. And now its all over for their efforts. Anyhow, for me, I can feel the inside and the helplessness inside everyone of the KAS member. They started as a team, and they ended it as a team too. They might not be able to work together as KAS member anymore, but the strength and the unseen spirit shall live forevermore.

.
.

Dramatic Ending : KAS members are sobbing during their last gathering


Regardless of who you are and where you are from, the essence of being together is to experience the bittersweet moments together.






Heading Back

Just as I headed back to the registration site by the same path I got to the campfire site, many undefined feelings wrestled my mind. So many thing and images crossed my eyes in a second and perhaps the night was so meaningful to me. And it was.
C. Guevara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
thanks for this wonderful coverage of our school's camp...It's a great job...BRAVo to u!!!!


CK.

Anonymous said...

izzit? so many grammatical mistakes found inside leh..... anyway,C.Guevara typed alot leh..